Mentoring for Top Alumnae
The “Wise Women of the WU” is an exclusive annual mentoring programme for top, young female WU graduates. Successful female WU alumni at an executive, management and supervisory-board level agree to coach top, young female graduates with career ambitions. This experience exchange takes place at a one-to-one level over twelve months. The programme is based on mutual exchange: Mentees and mentors both profit from this transfer of knowledge and experience. Even after the mentoring programme is over, there are annual high-level networking meetings of the Wise Women of the WU giving participants further opportunities for exchange and network expansion.
The programme has been designed for top female WU graduates with at least five years’ relevant work experience who are looking to advance their careers. They are at the threshold of a major career step or career challenge. The programme participants are interested in establishing trustworthy relationships and networks, and are willing to contribute respect and self-reflection to the mentoring relationship on a regular and open basis.
Goal of the Mentoring Programme
- Better career opportunities for top female WU graduates
- Raising the number of women in leading management positions
- Building sustainable networks between female WU alumni
- Promoting the exchange of experience and career-relevant knowledge
- Boosting skills and competences: communication skills and self-reflection on the part of the mentee; advisory skills of the mentors
- Raising the visibility of female management leaders as role models