Dear WU Alumni,
We are in the process of forming a large international network: all graduates have automatically become part of the WU Alumni Community since the beginning of this year.
We are working to exploit even more effectively the potential of the 55,000 WU graduates in one of Austria’s most important business networks – for all our alumni and the university. In particular, we would like to focus on the fields of networking, commitment and knowledge transfer. For you this means: even more opportunities to make valuable contacts and receive post-graduation training. Furthermore, we would like to invite you to help us shape the future of our alma mater!
What to expect from the new WU Alumni organisation
This has remained the same:
- Monthly email newsletters with news about the network and WU research as well as alumni events
- Alumni lounges at the WU Ball and WU Summer Festival
- Access to the library
- Local and international WU Alumni Hubs as the most important networks outside the WU Campus
This is new:
- The previous membership fee has become a freely selectable and tax-deductible financial contribution towards research and teaching at the WU Vienna.
- The "forward" magazine, containing information from the WU Alumni Community, interesting news about the WU Campus as well as exciting alumni portraits, has replaced the WU.Alumni.News
- We offer a number of events - talks, panels, keynotes - focusing on science & research as well as WU projects. At the moment, most of these are taking place online.
The Department of Corporate Relations & Alumni Services of the WU Vienna sees itself as a hub for the large WU Alumni Community – we are here to answer your questions, listen to your ideas and provide information!
We are delighted to open the new WU Alumni chapter "Thinking forward" together with you!